Life of a systematist, nomad, and double Ph.D (or a look into the mind of someone who is questionably sane).

03 April 2020

1150 Just woke up
1438 Fantasy Birding Draft!
2351 Watching the Yankees get destroyed by the Angels
0112 Reading with Dumas

Food: Meat Stew and fruit for lunch; Steak and vegetables for dinner

Fact: The EURion Constellation is an anti-counterfitting measure in bank notes.  Photo copiers won't copy things that have these clusters of circles.

Highlight of the day was the fantasy birding draft.  I had both computers and my phone going at once.  It was hard to plan for since there were so many unknowns.  As one of the other captians put it in our back channel chat it was like trying to draft a baseball team were there were 5 catchers and 25 shortstops for 7 teams.  I added that it was like 1/2 the players were top prospects but making a jump from AA to MLB.  The brits thought we were all crazy.  I had the 2nd pick and since the 1st pick went for a US pick rather than international as we all expected I got the top international pick (austrailia).  It was ridiculously fun esp since one of the captians was pretty clueless on draft procedures and kept just randomly making choices when it wasn't his turn.  My team is the Social Distancing Flycatchers (I didn't come up with it, I'm not that clever).  Otherwise had to go to the vet and pick up rx food and meds, scheuduled dumas's surgery for the 14th.  Went for a walk then finished the day of by suffering through the yankees game. 

No comments: