Life of a systematist, nomad, and double Ph.D (or a look into the mind of someone who is questionably sane).

22 March 2020

New friend [hre]
1259 On my way to publix to resupply
1311 At publix, lots of empty shelves but I found a dinosaur friend
1524 working on my lecture exam and skyping with Is
201 (22 Mar) Playing World of Warcraft

Fact: Joe DiMaggio's major league debut was delayed a couple months because he burnt his his foot in a diathermy machine.  These machines use heat to lower pain via heat (and to create interference negatively impacting German bombing raids in World War II)

Food- dinner was tamales, posole, and tomatoes.  Desert was dutch chocolate with caramel, chocolate, and whipped cream

Pretty slim pickings in frozen foods
Went to the store.  It was pretty bare.  However, made a new friend.  The canned fruit isle was shared with the school supplies and apparently in Alabama plastic dinosaurs are school supplies (I fully support this).  After coming back a few times it finally cleared out enough I could social distance and i checked out the dino box.  I usually only buy orphans and I was happy to discover a blue dino had falled out of the box and was pushed to the back of the shelf and behind some other random stuff.  So now I have a friend to hang out on my desk (my parents put together an office area for me).  I've already shown him pics of his new friends at ANSP but he wont be able to meet those dino friends for a while I expect.  Also, never send me for wine with instructions like get white wine.  I dont know what that means and none of them are labeled white, just have a bunch of words in languages I dont understand.  I eventually just grabbed one at random. But i was able to get almost everything on the list, only missed corn (and of course any form of hand sanatizer).  Had to improvise a bit, and ended up with some really, really green bananas but at least its something.  It was crazy to me that only us kids were wearing gloves.  But even those people need lessons on proper glove usage.  Filled out a form delcaring my BL2 and blood borne pathogen training if any labs need people in the HSV area.  Never would have guessed all that random training we have to do because we work with foreign bird tissues would maybe be handy.  Crazy times we live in. 


No comments: