Life of a systematist, nomad, and double Ph.D (or a look into the mind of someone who is questionably sane).

19 March 2020

Back maybe?

Was talking to one of my friends about how i used to have a blog and decided to bring it back in these crazy times.  Figure I'll keep the same format as before (4 random points, something I learned, what I ate, and a brief what I did). 

Since I didn't have random points selected for the day already here are just a few things:
-Went to Wheeler Dam and practiced socially distancing while outside with my parents.  Saw 1 other person but they stayed on the other side of the parking lot. 
-Watched the 2019 pirates/cubs game (with a long rain delay)
-Watched the Washington/AZ State game from just before the sudden end of the season.  Its funny listening to Bill talk about brackets
-Talked about the NACC B/C proposals with Jack

What I learned today (well maybe it was yesterday, it was ~midnite): there is a subspecies of Northern Saw-whet Owl (Aegolius acadicus) includes a subspecies (Aegolius acadicus brooksi) forages in tidepools in non-breeding season. 
Bonus fact: There is a skybridge border crossing in the Tijuana Airport into the US.

Ate manicotti (without the pasta part), calabacitas, cucumber, and some bread for dinner and chocolate pie for dessert.  No real lunch just some cheese and fruit.

Other than the things listed above I worked on some thrush data and did some fantasy birding planning.  With all the trips getting canceled, parks closing, and ports turning boats away its a total crap shoot on where to pin. 

No comments: