Life of a systematist, nomad, and double Ph.D (or a look into the mind of someone who is questionably sane).

21 March 2020

1056    Just waking up.  For the first time every Dumas actually slept with me, guess the trick is to let him totally pass out first and then he just looks at you but doesn't actually get up.  Also my mat has to be made before he goes to bed, which almost never happens.  Grey kitty also slept with me so i had like 1/4 of my mat
1819  Working on some sequence alignments before turning on tonights game.  Sadly the Yankees will loose after a rain delay.   
2116 finishing my beer while father talked to Jake and mother played on her phone
2253 Skyping with Eddie and Ania.  They were so bored they texted to see if their baseball gloves were in CA or AL.  We have them so they had to make due with jump rope and throwing a kickball around.

Dumas and Grey Kittie on my mat
Fact: There is a maple syrup cartel that regulates the price of syrup in Canada.  3000 tons of syrup was stolen between 2011-2012 (C$18.7 million) from the cartel and when adjusted for inflation this is the largest theft in Canada history.  I jokingly called it the great maple syrup heist, only to find out thats what its called.

Food:
Lunch- tuna and berries
Dinner- shrimp, cucumber, rice, and chocolate pie

Pretty lowkey day- it rained so no playing outside.  Worked on my lectures, talked to Silvy, and worked on the Catharus dataset.  Reassembling everything for the 3rd time cause I really don't like the velvet assemblies.

No comments: