Life of a systematist, nomad, and double Ph.D (or a look into the mind of someone who is questionably sane).

26 May 2020

25 May 2020
0010 playing WoW
1210 sleeping
1847 lounging outside
2018 walking

Food: pizza rolls for lunch, chicken for dinnner

Fact: There are multiple carrier pigeons displayed in the US that lost legs during WWI but managed to save the troops they were deployed with but carrying messages alerting others where they were pinned down.  One is in Dayton and the other is at the Smithsonian, not sure if there are others.  The one at the Smithsonian even had a wooden leg made for it (both lived for quite a while after their adventures).

Woke up and talked to Kristen about getting the NSF resubmitted.  Then i filled out the form she needed to start the process.  Other than that it was a pretty low key day.  Since the weather was nice I did some computer work outside then lounged.  Eventually we went for a walk (I did 3.6 miles @45 pounds).  When we got home I we ate dinner and listened to baseball.  Since REI was having a sale I decided to go ahead and buy some trail running shoes to hike in since my real boots are in Texas and I didn't want to buy a new pair when I had already planned on my next new pair being custom made.


24 May 2020
0636 sleeping
1652 hanging out outside
1929 churching
2245 watching HP7b

Food: tacos for lunch

Fact: King Arthur flour was founded in 1790 as an importer of European flour.  Originally it was named for its owners, but in 1896 one of the owners attended a musical rendition of the knights of the round table and decided to call one of its new premium flour products King Arthur.

Woke up and played on my computer for a bit.  We decided since the weather was so nice out that we would eat our tacos outside as a late lunch.  We put on the baseball game and luckily the Yankees won.  I did a little bit of work and then mother and I lifted weights.  Then while I finished my sets the parentals got the sunless room set up for churching.  Mother wanted to record the whole thing so we used the screen capture to do so.  Afterwards we talked for a bit and then we cleaned up.  Mother made turnovers and we ate those while watching HP7b.

No comments: